If you are like the majority of homeowners you don’t give much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator unless it stops running, or before it is time to buy a new model. In order to get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be very nice to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and Peerless Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to find out everything you might need to know about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is time to hire refrigerator repair Grand Prairie.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a standard kitchen appliance for a lot of years now. A refrigerator can store your food and drinks at the optimal temperature, to prevent spoiling and slow down bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by moving the warmth from the interior of the refrigerator to the exterior, using the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The main parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Peerless Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is a combination of a motor and pump, and it’s responsible for the circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
A compressor is an important piece of a refrigerator. You should call a professional company if the compressor is broken.
The condenser is located on the rear exterior wall of the appliance and will help to disperse the heat collected within the refrigerator then out into the air.
The evaporator is attached in the interior of a refrigerator where absorbs the heat trapped within it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
Once the evaporator stops working, it is time to find a professional. Don’t wait until it is too late.
Liquified coolant is transferred through a capillary tube which serves as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, transforming the gas back into a liquid.
The thermostat exists to regulate the current temperature throughout a refrigerator, engaging the cooling period when it is appropriate.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is prone to problems. Troubleshoot and call a contractor in Grand Prairie for service right after an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature within the refrigerator rises higher than the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to start, and then the next cool down starts. The refrigerator draws in the cold liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses it, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit pushes the hot gas towards the condenser coils located on the rear of the unit, where it comes in contact with the lower air temperature in the kitchen and returns back to a liquid form.
3. The cool refrigerant continues its journey towards the refrigerator evaporator, pushing through the coils within the refrigerator and freezer section.
4. The coolant then absorbs the heated air from the interior of the refrigerator, thereby reducing the temperature back to the desired final point.
5. The refrigerant then evaporates, and turns back to a gas form, and then returns to the compressor unit in order to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is used in quite a few applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By removing warmth from one location and distributing it to somewhere else the continuous cycle of refrigeration helps cooling a home, creates a safe environment for perishable food, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of a number of different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need service? Time to schedule repair with BRAND.
Peerless Appliance Repair will repair most popular brands of refrigerators – includes restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced technicians in Grand Prairie undergo training to troubleshoot and repair problems with cooling, broken ice makers, condensation issues, puddles of water and leaks, light bulbs, digital controls, smart technology and numerous other issues. We know all about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2024  Grand Prairie Appliance Repair